Once you paint black...

Not long ago I saw a photo on pinterest of a gray bathroom with a black mirror. I was mesmerized. I may have commented, "That's it, I'm painting my mirror black."

This weekend I found some black paint.
I should mention that it needed to be painted anyway, as Bee found a dental scraper thingie and scratched wolverine lines into the white paint.

As usual, I've created more work for myself as now the back of the door and the trim will be painted black.

It looks a little harsh in the photo, but in person it looks more chic than sharp and a lot cleaner.

Which makes the bulbs in that lame-o light fixture look hideous and old. If I replace those, I bet I'll want to spray paint the fixture a more modern color, white maybe.

If you give a Courtney some black paint...

Mobius strip designaturgy, my favorite.

2 comments

Cameron Blazer said...

I was totally thinking of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie, but you beat me to it, smarty. Love the black paint. Frosted bulbs?

Anonymous said...

Wow, what drama. You have me thinking...