Cross Stitch Week

The kids just started school and I'm looking for a job. While I was looking, I made this!

Read More-->



I had a canvas just taking up space and a scathingly brilliant idea!
Why not cross stitch the canvas?!
For one, it's really hard! But I didn't let that stop me!
Nor the blister on my thumb.
Here, you can see the grid I made with a water soluble embroidery marker:
And the pattern I found for free online:
And the back!
I don't think I'm keeping it in the kitchen. Just easier to photograph in there. And it totally matches. But I'd need to coat it in plastic and hang it much higher. And not allow food in the kitchen.
I think I'm addicted. To large scale embroidery. I'm gonna need a bigger house.









12 comments

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

I love it! I've never tried embroidery...just cross stitch and crocheting. Very creative!

Cameron Blazer said...

This is so rad. I just. I can't even.

MuseBootsi said...

I thought of you, Cameron. It has a virgo-ness that I knew you would appreciate...

cathy@my1929charmer said...

Wow is right, I've embroidered a lot but never on a canvas. What ever made you think of it. You also did your own grid, yikes it is so pretty. Very creative and I love it. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – you helped make the party a success!

Feral Turtle said...

Really cute! What a great idea for large scale art! Cheers.

glor said...

How beautiful. Such a wonderful idea and wall art.

Be Colorful Coastal said...

This large scale is really cool. I seriously have a table cloth I did back in the early 90's that has to be the same pattern. I will try and pull it out later this week and take a pic for you. It's crazy how similar they are. Love yours. Thanks for sharing.
pam

Candy said...

What a NEAT idea. Love it.

agus said...

This looks amazing! where did you get the template? Ive been seeing this same one on different projects around the web. Care to share?

MuseBootsi said...

This is the link to the pattern I used:

http://crossstitcher.themakingspot.com/blog/free-roses-charts-from-cross-stitch-collection

Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

http://www.designsponge.com/2012/02/jessica-decker.html

MuseBootsi said...

I know, right? I saw another rose embroidery made out of pegboard. But I like mine best. Probably because I worked so hard to make it. And also I don't like anchors.