I knew I had to recover it, although the green was sort of nice.
I removed the cushion:
I decided to run the stripes diagonally. For fun!
So I pulled and stapled and pulled:
But wait, there's more!
Today, at the lumber store, I bought a sample pot of paint. I taped the legs off and painted.
I thought for sure it would bleed, but it didn't!
Here's the chair, after a spray coat of poly on the legs:
Which really helps in a house full of dirty laundry, Legos and weird, tiny pieces of confetti-like paper that hide in all the nooks and crannies as though my hallways were on some magical fairy parade route.