Did you say, "orecchiette?"

Ever since watching Gordon Ramsay on the UK version of Kitchen Nightmares, I have been obsessed with the simple looking pasta dishes. They always looked so fresh and delicious! And Gordon would always say how easy it was.

Cut to Trader Joe's carrying the orecchiette, or me suddenly noticing it sitting on the shelf. I googled a recipe in the store and and found this magical gastronomical delight! It became John's favorite and I make it once a week.

Sausage and Spinach Orecchiette
(adapted from Sunset Magazine)

I pkg. orecchiette  pasta*
2Tbsp butter
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 lb. chicken sausage removed from casings
1 lb. cherry tomatoes, halved (we used an heirloom cherry tomato!)
1 bag (8oz) spinach leaves
crumbled feta

Put the orecchiette on to boil, then: saute the onion in the butter, delicious! Add the garlic and sausage, yum! When the sausage is cooked through, add the tomatoes and spinach. Stir until the spinach is wilted. Add the cooked pasta.

Use the feta as a garnish on your plate.

*the orecchiette tends to stick to themselves in the form of a stack of bowls. Stir as soon as you add to the boiling water and keep stirring occasionally. Or just use farfalle.
It's so simple and delicious, especially when made with our free compost tomatoes that just showed up in the artichokes. 










4 comments

Kylie Rose said...

YUM!!! I had to pin this recipe, so I can remember it! I love your text above your comments too...HAHAHA!!

-Kylie
absolutelyarkansas.blogspot.com

MuseBootsi said...

It really is simple and delicious! I can't wait for our cherry tomatoes to come in this year...it will be extra delicious!

Maria said...

This sounds delicious - I love spinach and feta together!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Im salivating. :D A healthier pasta is what I am thinking and I like the idea of the chicken sausage. Thanks for sharing this week on BeColorful.
p