Windows are the eyes to my laziness...

My bedroom windows...they are a bit ratty. But sometimes I find them lovely. Other times I think, "I should check the kids for lead poisoning..."

But mostly they are ignored. I know I should be filling and painting them to match the rest of the house. But it's such an undertaking! It takes all day. One window takes all day.

So I thought I'd just photograph them. And the sheer little panels I made for privacy. I love the vintage green color they were originally painted.
I found this fabric next to the burlap. It's cotton.






Two "lag thread screw eye bolts" and a dowel rod.
I didn't even cut it neatly.
Someday, all the windows and trim will be primed and painted and neatly done. But right now I'm going to revel in the imperfections.

Which is something I should do for myself.








8 comments

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Your windows are a time worn work of art. Thanks for photographing them so I could see them too. I don't have cool windows like that, so I really enjoyed seeing yours.
Liz

Morgan said...

I love the windows, I think they look so unique like this. I love the pictures. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a lovely comment on my blog!

Be Colorful Coastal said...

You know, I think it is kind of cool. If your kids are beyond gnawing on the window ledges (and who lets their kids do that) then I'd not be any big hurry. This coming from a woman that lives in a 100 year old house. :D I say it adds character.
p

Little Miss Maggie said...

I love the imperfection of the worn paint. Besides it's so in now.

Jaime said...

Hey Courtney! (It's Jaime from high school). I saw your link on facebook, clicked on it and started stalking away like some crazy creeper! I love this blog.

I'm one of those crafty wanna-be people that's too lazy to actually make anything, so I'm glad you've posted such cool ideas for me to think about doing later... :)

Btw, I think I was sitting next to you in English or something when you did some of those dress design drawings.

MuseBootsi said...

Jaime, I've been stalking your horse antics for-ever! I have lots of happy memories of us in English and math together! And, yes, my thrilling dress drawings were always what I was doing instead of actual school work. We need to drink together...I'm drinking right now!

Karla said...

I love your window frame. The worn paint is very appealing, I would enjoy them while you have them too. :)

robyn said...

man, have I got some pics I could exchange with you. sigh. My advice, don't remove them. just keep loving them. your color choices (freshly painted, or lovingly worn) are always so beautiful. you really are a muse aren't you?