So we're comin' out of the kitchen...

This is what I've been doing for the past week. And since the kitchen in circa 1940, I keep running into issues. Like I had to tile. TILE! The entire front tile piece came off in a chunk. But I couldn't just re-mortar it, noooo,...I had to use my brain and figure out that epoxy is the best way to reattach the tiles. Then re-grout them. And then since the tiles above the bread board opening were broken, I had to stand in front of the tile section at Lowes and find something that would work for that space while my children played in the carpet samples.
It turned out pretty good, though. So good that it draws attention to all the bad stuff that I now have to fix. Like that chip. And the fact that I can see nail head through my paint job. Thank you, 1940's, for the awesome cabinets. 4 coats of paint and you can still see every blemish that I thought I had sanded away.

Someday, though, I'll get this kitchen. Oh, yes. I will.

Also? I'm having the worst time photographing it. Shiny blue cabinets with stark white tile?! Nightmare. I'll get a better "after" when I figure out the lighting.

In case you forgot the before:

No comments