Floor Remodel

I was visiting a friends house and she had just finished remodeling. She had chosen the prettiest gray ceramic tiles for her floor. The modern plank kind. And I thought it looked so pretty and light. 

We have hardwood floors in our house and after the new pretty bathroom, I think the rest of the house looks dark and dreary. The living room is north facing and usually full of children.

Here are the only pics I have of my living room. Which proves two points: 1. It's too dark to photograph properly and 2. It's never clean. Because no one photographs a dirty living room.

Remember your living room before you had kids?
Here's the fireplace in the daylight:
Here's a better shot of the wood floors with all the other colors I have going on in there. The green wall is now painted captivating teal, I think.
Here's the new color...Look! Christmas in June!
Here's our giant bookcase and the front door, with the wood floors. They are pretty worn and scratched, especially by the door. And they no longer have any protective sheen. 
So, yeah, I want to paint my hardwood floors. It solves so many of my problems! It will lighten up the space and protect the floors from further damage. Not to mention the part of our bedroom that's missing some floor due to a ceiling leak. The floor was damaged and removed, but the sub-floor is still perfect. Hopefully, we can kind of fake some planking and then paint over it.

Here are some pretty options:
Cream Floors!
Gray! (Tumblr told me that it's gray in the US and grey in the UK. That sounded good to me!)
Gray on gray faux carpet!
Gloss White!
Black! (Although it will not exactly solve my lighting issues).
Change color for different rooms! My room could be yellow; the boys' room, olive!
And my favorite room, with matte white floors. I demanded my husband build me that bed. And we keep it sort of neutral. Maybe I only like it because it looks so clean and I know my room will never be that clean. We have too small a house for that kind of minimalism.
Let me know when uber-crammed closets and plastic dressers come back in style. Because I'll have so many pics of that, at least.

No comments