Santa, baby...


After I read that you can use a Xerox to make iron-on embroidery patterns, I went nuts looking for cool, free patterns. And I found this one. She offers one a month and this is part of a christmas set.

So I printed out a bunch of great patterns and went to a copy store, copied the patterns, chased my kids. Got home, and was disappointed. It barely shows up. Maybe I needed to darken the copy, I don't know. It just didn't work. Too faint to see any pattern.

Then I discovered that Sulky makes markers that are iron-on transferable. But, as usual, it's a weird item I'll never find in a store. Unless you're me and friends with the UNIVERSE! Then you walk in a local sewing store, and there it is, one black iron-on marker, waiting for me.

So I taped my patterns to the window and traced it to tracing paper. And it worked! There are definitely some tricks, but it's the best thing I've tried so far.

1 comment

Jays said...

Santa, cute!!

You, super smart.