Starchy and Hutch

My fabulous thrift store red cabinet. What have I done to you now? Previously on musebootsi I added hooks to the side to provide a place to hang my jackets and bags. But mostly to keep things away from the kids.

This time I decided to add some fabric to hide my mess. I knew I could starch the fabric in place, but I wasn't sure if I could spray starch it. You're supposed to use pure liquid starch. Which John normally uses to mix his own starch, except that we can't find it anymore. So I just used Faultless Spray Starch.

I just sprayed the glass, then sprayed the fabric until it was saturated and then pressed the fabric in place. It ended up with a few bubbles, but from a distance they are not noticeable.

It's been 24 hours, and it's still up. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments