He's got legs. He knows how to use them.


As I've mentioned before, John likes to say to me, when a joke falls flat or a dish doesn't come together as I had hoped, "They can't all be winners." Yet another of my Keurig fueled projects didn't magically turn out bathed in the perfection I had envisioned. I made this little love chicken as a test to see if they were simple enough to make as a Valentine project for Hartwell's preschool class.

I followed the instructions as well as I could, Hartwell was watching a Thomas video on the computer and I had to either interrupt it to get the next step or leave him alone and sew in peace. I sewed in peace. When I turned love chicken right side out for my "voila" moment, his legs were missing! I sewed his legs inside the love pocket. Usually I'm a really good instruction/directions memorizer, with my little acting background, and yet my motherhood scatterbrain is starting to win the battle.

After showing my friends my fail, I decided to fix him. If only because it's one less love chicken to make for the class. And I'm lazy.

Pattern and Instructions at Molly Chicken.

4 comments

Jays said...

I love him so. cluck cluck heart.

Jays said...

Wait a minute--UNTITLED POST?! Fix it, please. My universe is rocked, and not in a good way.

MuseBootsi said...

I had a really good title and it left me. I thought if I typed the paragraph it would come back. No such luck.

Jays said...

Perfect title. Thank you. All is right in my little world.