I was born with good legs. As for the rest... beautiful, no. Amusing, yes."


I love all divas. Dolly Parton, RuPaul, Lady GaGa. Right now we're watching Pete's Dragon and I have a crush on Helen Reddy. If you're a brassy broad, I'm in love with you. I saw this Josephine Baker image and knew I had to stitch her.

In preparation for posting this, I looked her up. I knew she was amazing, but I had no idea of the extent of her amazingness. I read her official website and actually cried when they got to her funeral. (I cry a lot, but still). Dancer, singer, activist, government courier in WWII, foster mother to 12 children. Angelina Jolie has a lot of work to do to catch up with La Baker.


Photo in banana costume.


P.S. I ironed it once and then set it to the side. I'm not ironing it twice! For a photo! Are you mad?!

No comments