Interior Design on a Budget


Here's another random tip for getting the room of your dreams...on a budget. Buy a paint deck. Mine is from Dunn  Edwards and was $16. I've had it for 5 years now and anytime I want to paint something, I just whip it out and find a color I like. It's instant gratification for me. I don't have to find time to go to Lowe's to sift through their infinite paint walls. Now I just select a color from my fan deck, lime green, for example, then head for the greens, pick a few I like, usually several of each shade/tint, and then come home and tape them to the walls.

But, of course, it doesn't always work out that way. I wanted my cabinets to be Martha gray, I selected several grays and when I went to buy the paint I chose a navy blue. Because I like color, dammit! And when in doubt I choose COLOR!

No comments