Quilty, quilty, green squared.


Thought I'd give quilting a whirl. Last time I visited my mom in Seattle (more like Canada), she bought me this pack of squares. I thought they matched my living room and that maybe I'd eventually make some pillows or something. Now that we're trying not to spend any unnecessary money, (i.e. on fabric and jalapeno poppers), I've been digging through my stash of unfinished/never started projects and gettin' busy.

The projects do two things, keep me busy so I don't leave the house and give me something to post about. I'm also slowly finishing all the little bits that I have laying around. I found an embroidered drum set and some great vintage pieces that I meant to turn into something amazing.

I keep stumbling and finding really fantastic quilts people whip together. Which makes me want to try it. I remembered I had this pack of fabric, arranged it in a pattern I liked and started sewing. It's not perfect, but it'll make a great nap quilt for John. Something I can keep in the living room that I don't have to hide if someone comes over.

My mom is coming to visit for Hartwell's birthday and she's an uber-quilter. So I'll probably drag her to my local quilting store to finish the edges and get a cool backing fabric. It's only 3' x 3' right now, not quite enough to cover my feet.

3 comments

Jays said...

Mmm. Nap quilt. Make me sleepy.

MuseBootsi said...

I need to make you a contributor so you can go back in and edit these weird posts. I've fixed this post 7 times and it still reads like I wrote it after a few old man-tinis.

Jays said...

no no no--I love your writing. And in blogs, a few bumbly sentences are perfectly okay--at least, I think so. I mean, I would edit something if you really wanted me to. But I think your blog is just about perfect.

signed,
deborah,
charter member of our Mutual Admiration Society